In biochemical sense, kratom, similar to plants: corynanthe, cinchona and uncaria. Kratom leaves contain over 25 alkaloids. The composition of alkaloids depends on the geographical area, soil, weather condinions and time of the year. Main of alkaloids: mitragynine, 7-hydroxymitragynine (7-OHM), epicatechin (a powerful antioxidant similar to dark chocolate and closely similar to the EGCG in green tea), raubasine (best known as rauwolfia serpentina), corynantheidine, recoverin, etc.The unique property of this plant is that kratom has stimulating, analgesic, relaxing and sedative effects. For medical use kratom people also brew the tea. (сюда вставить ссылку на статью о медицинском предназначении кратома)
- gives physical and sexual energy: increases ability to physical work, physical endurance, productivity and intellectual efficiency, potency and libido, helps to concentrate on any activity, reduces fatigue.
- stimulate the immune system, lowers blood pressure, improves circulation,
raise general vitality.
- relieves symptoms of withdrawal: helps to get rid of different addictions (alcohol, tobacco, drugs), is used as substitution therapy
- causes stronger analgesia: relieves chronic and light pain,
is used as addition therapy for people, who suffer from cancer.
- cures depression, apathy and other neurotic conditions, is used as substitutional agent for antidepressants, helps to relieve stress.
People buy kratom, because it has therapeutic effect without the side effects, as meds have. Kratom is ethnic curative tea, it’s not medicine officially.